Tuesday 11 June 2013

Top Ten Beach Reads



1. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares. It's all about summer (amongst other things), and it's so much fun. My kind of beach read.

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Teen romance at its best.

3. Adorkable by Sarra Manning. Teen romance at its second best.

4. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. Just pure fun.

5. Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan. Not exactly a light beach read, but the ocean is such a central part of the story it would be fantastic to read this book surrounded by the sounds and scents it describes.

6. Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst. A book featuring vampires that are actually deadly, that's still fun, light-hearted and highly entertaining. Awesome.

7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Teen romance at its trashiest. Perfect for sunny, no-brainer days on the sand.

8. Cargo by Jessica Au. This is another book which is not exactly light, but the beach is central to the story.

9. Puberty Blues by Kathy Lette and Gabrielle Carey. Again, it's all about the beach and surf culture. Even though it goes to pretty dark places, it's also hilarious.

10. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. It's Toddlers and Tiaras meets Lost. And it's as brilliant as it sounds.

14 comments:

  1. I loved Beauty Queens and Drink, Slay. The Sisterhood and Anna both made my list, too. I still need to get my hands on a copy of Adorkable. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one on this list that I've read is Anna and the French Kiss and I loved it. Teen romance in the summer is perfect!

    Angie
    My Top Ten Pool Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summary of #10 cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any on your list yet, Belle, but Beauty Queens and Drink, Slay, Love are definitely on my TBR list. I can only imagine how fitting the Beauty Queens scenario/setting would be while you're actually ON a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisterhood of the traveling Pants would totally be a great beach read! Even though honestly I haven't read it, just going from what I know about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great YA book, highly recommend it :)

      Delete
  6. Yesssss Beauty Queens! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting to like it but I was blown away!

      Delete
  7. Hi!
    My friend and I are involved with the MS readathon and she told me that I should check out your blog. She's a huge follower of bookworm bloggers but I haven't read many so i'm glad she referred me. I'm a huge reader myself and Beauty & the Beast is my all time favourite Disney movie! Love the blog name and totally agree with your 'About Me', I want a home library too!
    Love this beach reads post, I totally agree with number 1, 2, 4 and 9. I own all 4 books. Can't wait to read more of what you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angeline,
      Thanks for stopping by! Your comment made my day. :)

      Delete